Saturday, January 17, 2009

This one is for Birdman

This bird was always my early morning companion as I sat and waited for the sun to rise over the horizon. It would walk backward and forward along the waters edge of the lagoon waiting for the canibal fish to drive the small fry into the shallow water and give this bird its chance to have breakfast. One morning I saw it run up the beach and grab a left handed hermit crab, which after a little tussel extracted it from its shell. Mind you it was still trying to finish off the swallow with many trip to the lagoon for a drink to help it swallow the meal. Funny after sunrise this bird vanished and would not be seen for the rest of the day. This one is a professional photo, but I will publish my photos that I took as soon as I get my photos sorted.

No comments: